Autogenerated Input Tags

I started going through the html tags in my zim-based site for seo purposes, and noticed a large list of autogenerated input tags like this:

<input id="5W3R3" type="text" autocapitalize="off" autocomplete="off" spellcheck="false" style="position: absolute; overflow: hidden; touch-action: none; left: -99999px; top: -99999px; z-index: -999; opacity: 0; width: 1px; height: 1px; font-size: 60px;">

I'm curious what creates these off-screen 1 pixel fields... is one created for each Label object? They could be coming from A-Frame, but I suspect Zim because they're right after the audio and video tags that are generated.

Two things, that I can think of off the top of my head, make tags in ZIM - TextInput() and Accessibility(). I don't think either should unless they are used. Yes... doing a search in ZIM, the TextInput creates those:

The TextInput labelInput part was coded by Cajoek - so I am less familiar with it. It is used as a surrogate field to calculate selection and cursor placements, meanwhile we mimic these as canvas elements to make the TextInput.

Makes sense, thanks for the quick and useful reply @abstract!

1 Like