Blob Multi-touch bug

I have this code which should prevent the lockcontrols from changing. It works if I drag one point at a time, it stays as straignt locktype. However, If I drag one point then drag another one, while still dragging the first one, the controltype is able to be changed.

new Blob({
points: [[0, -100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "none"], [75.8, -119.9, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "none"], [0, 100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "none"], [-100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "none"]],
color: blue,
borderColor: black,
borderWidth: 4,
lockControlType: true,
controlType: "straight",
editPoints: false
}).center()

What are you dragging the second time? Another round point or another rectanglular handle? Usually to change types you double tap the point. Are you dragging one round point then double tapping another point?

Another point. Double tapping doesn't work because of the lock, they, round point, show and you can drag them but not change the type.

I don't get it... so how are you changing the control type of the point if you are not double tapping? Can you describe again.

I am not trying to change the control type. I drag one point then i try to drag another point, at the same time, and this happens. I am not tapping or doing anything else other than trying to move two points at the same time. I know that's not possible but I don't recall it doing this before, it just wouldn't let me move two at once.

Ah... I see now. It was not happening for me until I took my hand off one of them in a different order. It is doing the same in older versions of ZIM. BTW, you can make this easier to test by increasing the handleSize.

new Blob({
    points: [[0, -100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "none"], [75.8, -119.9, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "none"], [0, 100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "none"], [-100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, "none"]],
    color: blue,
    borderColor: black,
    borderWidth: 4,
    lockControlType: true,
    controlType: "straight",
    editPoints: false,
    handleSize:50
}).center()

So what appears to be happening is the rectangle of a point is going to where the other finger is. We will take a look at it now.

@mathtechie - this has been fixed and patched in ZIM 016. Now if a touch is down on a control then no other control or object drag will happen. We fixed Blob, Squiggle, and transform. Thanks for the report. Let us know how it goes with a hard refresh.

Thank you sir! I was just about to ask you if there was any possible way to allow for multitouch with them? :slight_smile: At least for Squiggle and Blob. :slight_smile:

We gave it some thought and the blob and squiggle are redrawn each change... when we initially tested, the multiuser conflicted. It is possible now that we are working with multiuser a bit more that a solution could be found - so we can test it out again one day when we have a little more energy and time for it - but perhaps not until the next version.