Introductions! Please tell us something about you!

Hello Karel, I would be happy to collaborate with you. I am working on developing mobile App for teaching Arabic for kindergarten level in collaboration with a school in the Netherlands.
Here is a link to an application I previously developed: Loughati 1.

1 Like

Hi @proinfo I checked your app! cool the words are in 'nederlands' .. we can come online in meeting.. let me know when is good for your.

You guys can message one another under MESSAGES on the left hand side. Cheers.

2 Likes

Hey, I'm Adam, a Miami native :palm_tree:. I love blending art and tech. Currently diving into game development and ZIM. Here to learn, offer help, find inspiration, and share any cool ZIM creations.

3 Likes

Hello, this is Joseph, developer of arts and entertainment software in the form of apps, applications, services and platforms. I have a Java and AS3 heritage. I persisted in AIR until I found CreateJS and ZIM, which greatly aided my professional transition to JS. I love good esthetics that are well engineered. I despise attractive facades on incompetent structures. I reserve the title artist for fine artists, writers, musicians, dancers, ..., who pursue their practice out of internal volition, everything else is illustration or utility.

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: General Discussion Topic #1

Hello. I am Ferudun Vural. I am joining from Turkey. I am a classroom teacher. I create interactive course content and games for my students. I enjoy using Zim. The only language I know is Javascirpt. However, I create applications for all systems (Android, iOS, Windows, Linux). I do this thanks to Javascript and zimjs. I would like to thank @abstract and his team very much. @abstract was always helpful when I had problems.

4 Likes

Hello
I am Aaron, 49 years old and live in Belgium in a village called Temse. I am a pedagogical ICT coordinator in 7 primary schools. In my spare time I try to create applications that I can use in my schools. I think zim.js is fantastic because I'm not a programmer at all, but I can still get started with it easily. I am an absolute beginner in coding and try to make things with the knowledge I have and discover javascript and zim.js. I especially love creating and discovering things.

3 Likes

Welcome you guys - glad you are here!! Don't be shy, ask any questions you want! Cheers.

2 Likes

Super, I hope more and more people in Belgium will find the way to ZIM by  ZIM Kids | Teleport  I spreading the word in Flanders part of Belgium :slight_smile:

Let's keep this topic mostly about intros and move discussion to other places ;-). I am not sure how to do that... but rather than talk about that here... I am inviting anyone interested to discuss it in this topic: Discourse Tips - Please Add Yours! - #5 by abstract

1 Like

Thanks for the invitation Abstract.
Bracer here.
Look forward to seeing how the Zim components have become after all these years !

1 Like

Hi Bracer! Welcome. Was thinking about you the other day as I went back into VR for the first time in about a year (since the sunsetting of Altspace).

For others reading this, @LimeGreen was very helpful to us in ZIM NIO (9) where we standardized the component color to be the font color and backgroundColor to be the background color. We also launched STYLE around that time too.

2 Likes

Much love :smiley:
Hugs.

2 Likes

Hello hello! Here's Frank Los from the Netherlands. I love ZIM. And I love SVG-animations. At the moment I make visualisation-software with a library full of my illustrations.

4 Likes

Welcome, @frank. For those you reading this, Frank created the Keyboard for ZIM. Woot! Very helpful. Cheers, and all the best, Frank.

hi @frank , I made your video of SpaceInvaders in ZIM check my version here
without pictures

with pictures and sound, shootings above sprite

with my name and sound and yellow shootings under sprite

Thanks for your cool tuturials on youtube https://www.youtube.com/@Frankslaboratory/videos

Greetings from Antwerp Belgium :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alas, @karelrosseel82 - I think this is a different Frank :wink:

1 Like

Hi I’m James,
I make an educational reading and maths site for 4-8 year olds called ictgames. I started in 1999 making games with Flash then ActionScript. I taught Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 for 20 years. I moved over to ZIMjs I think 8 years ago?!? I love it! The documentation and help from @abstract and the community is brilliant. I currently work full time on the games. I am very grateful to @abstract and his team for the wonders of ZIMjs which I love.
Thank you!

5 Likes

You're an amazing creative coder! Thanks to inspire kids with maths an teaching tools!

1 Like