Pages with automatic swipe does not seem to work

With ZIM 16, i use the 1st example of Page in Docs. As mentionned in the Docs, without swipe specification, Pages swipe should automatically start. But, it does not, even with Pages status as active. Is there a way to calidate that?

I think they do swipe - horizontally. Perhaps you were trying vertically?

Is swipe a mobile only thing? Isn't working on my laptop.

Still does not work. By the way, i am testing on a laptop.

swipe works on chromebook touch

I am just swiping with my mouse. But works with my touchscreen too. @kaviphimmasone - just put your mouse on the page and press down and move it to the left relatively quickly. The ZIM Swipe has settings for speed and distance... but the default should be fine.

Maybe my question was not quite clear. The page swipe effect on Pages does work well on my laptop touch screen and also when using a mouse. I wanted the swipe page to go/trigger by itself without user intervention. This is my understanding of automatic swipe and probably i misunderstood.

Oh - I see. When we said automatic swipe in the docs, we meant that you do not have to add the swipe target in the parameters... it will automatically set the swipe. You still need to manually swipe to change pages.

To automatically go from page to page, you would use the pages go() method to do that in an interval() for instance. If you want a more automated way also consider the ZIM Carousel().

Ok. I mis understood. We wil have to use the go() method. or use ZIM Carousel. Thank You.

1 Like