Coming Close! ZIM 017

We are almost there... just a little banner work.

4 Likes

waauw so cool an AI chatbot ! looking forward to use it!

1 Like

Hello. Can you briefly explain the features? I'm really looking forward to it. Are there any updates on 3D (Threejs) animations?

1 Like

We will explain the features in detail when we launch... perhaps later today or tomorrow.

No specific three.js updates. What are you needing there?

For example, turning the world's rotation by touching it. dressing the globe with any map I want. Solar system animations, making a cube, throwing the cube, making the cube face randomly. Like a 3D car game. Maybe they want a lot, but if such things happen, zimjs will make a big difference.

I see. Yes, there could certainly be some conveniences added to the three.js world, although they already have controllers like OrbitControls or ObjectControls to move the camera or model and FirstPersonControls and PointerLockControls for motion. These are all included in the ZIM three helper module as ZIM_three.

You can also animate three.js properties with animate() and wiggle().

Other interactivity is all done through three.js and not really the realm of ZIM - usually it is not that hard - for instance, making a cube or changing a material. three.js is pretty simple, is it not? I would call it comparable to ZIM - certainly compared to something like Box2D, Flutter, React, etc.

Anyway... this could be discussed more some other post ;-).

1 Like

Ok thank you.

1 Like

any idea about an upgrade to the LeaderBoard to have top scores with emoji flags from all over the world?
thank you

Sorry, not updating the LeaderBoard... this would go under Requests - but the leader Board is as is. You are always welcome to make your own.

Holiday season, I missed it!
Thank you very much!! What fun!

2 Likes

GITHUB

NPM

2 Likes

so excited!

1 Like