Introductions! Please tell us something about you!

Much love :smiley:
Hugs.

2 Likes

Hello hello! Here's Frank Los from the Netherlands. I love ZIM. And I love SVG-animations. At the moment I make visualisation-software with a library full of my illustrations.

4 Likes

Welcome, @frank. For those you reading this, Frank created the Keyboard for ZIM. Woot! Very helpful. Cheers, and all the best, Frank.

hi @frank , I made your video of SpaceInvaders in ZIM check my version here
without pictures

with pictures and sound, shootings above sprite

with my name and sound and yellow shootings under sprite

Thanks for your cool tuturials on youtube https://www.youtube.com/@Frankslaboratory/videos

Greetings from Antwerp Belgium :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alas, @karelrosseel82 - I think this is a different Frank :wink:

1 Like

Hi I’m James,
I make an educational reading and maths site for 4-8 year olds called ictgames. I started in 1999 making games with Flash then ActionScript. I taught Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 for 20 years. I moved over to ZIMjs I think 8 years ago?!? I love it! The documentation and help from @abstract and the community is brilliant. I currently work full time on the games. I am very grateful to @abstract and his team for the wonders of ZIMjs which I love.
Thank you!

5 Likes

You're an amazing creative coder! Thanks to inspire kids with maths an teaching tools!

1 Like

Gosh, thank you Karel! That’s very very kind of you!
Have a lovely week!

1 Like

Hello, my name is Racheli and I am from Israel.
I have been codeing in ZIM for over 4 years and enjoy every moment :slight_smile:
In our company, Closeapp, we write games and apps in ZIM.
What I like about ZIM is the speed with which you can reach a working product.

3 Likes

I am Brandon Pettis from the beautiful California of the US. Yes I have surfed but it's been about 15 years since I have been on a board. I run a bi-weekly Dnd group with friends. I play a lot of Ultimate Frisbee 2 - 4 times a week. I am a full time sys-admin for a propane company. My boss and I are more of a jack of all trades instead of being an expert on anything. I went to graduate school for web development and marketing.

I started using ZIM for projects about 2 or so years ago mostly to work on personal projects. I have also used it to make some internal work apps. So far using ZIM has been fun and worthwhile.

4 Likes

Welcome @pettis - although that's a little silly to say as you installed the forum!!! Thanks for all that and for your continuing help on various questions, etc. and ideas for ZIM - Pettis helped start the ZIM Pack() code.

1 Like

Great to have you and the CloseApp team here @racheli! You requests and observations have led to lots of updates in ZIM! Cheers.

2 Likes

My name is Kavi Phimmasone. My field of expertise is mostly related to Business Intelligence and Analytic & Insights, applying best practices in building Multi dimensionnal Data Marts (data warehouses and data lakes), business views, dashboards and implementing Data Governance and Center of Competency. My main practice is to turn data into information. My ZIM experience journey started in mid 2017, while i was looking for a framework that can help me build a web user interface that can leverage the Business Process & Information Discovery through storytelling. I first started with d3js for data visualization (mixing with html & css) and by luck discovered ZIM from YouTube. With a basic knowledge of web progamming, carefully reviewed and followed Dr Abstract videos and examples, and the ZIM community as well, i realized the potential of ZIM in helping me develop sophisticated web interfaces. Up till now, i have been following Dr Abstract and ZIM, hoping that, very soon, i can mix Python and ZIM to co exist together and become the foundation of my application. ZIM is there for you to discover!

2 Likes

Great to have you around @kaviphimmasone - and thanks for all your help on the SVGContainer! Cheers.

1 Like

And my name is Daniel, I am in the end sixties, had been a SW engineer in Automotive and - to keep my head above water in my former job - enjoyed yacht sailing on the seas to relax.
Some day it became time to pass all my experiences to younger folks and started to give courses in sailing theory and practically, too. Seamanship, weather, navigation, laws and regulations. To demonstrate various things like more or less complicated sailing physics (buoyance, weather helm, forces, trim and such) I programmed interactive visualizations at that time with Flash.
A few years ago when Flash was sent to retire I was looking for a substitute which I found in ..
ZIM, of course!
Thanks, Dr Abstract, for your continuously great vision and work.
I have been profitting since, it's different - yes, but I managed mostly to get in code what my visions have been.
Currently I am working on a software that allows finding the best hour in relation to High Water Dover when to start sailing across the English Channel and using which course to arrive in shortest time and to compensate for the tides rushing in and out differently from hour to hour. That is a whole lot of data, millions of interpolations, implementation of various rules in regards to which data to use for current strengths and current directions.
And the graphical tool to lay out the route, the legs and everything on the chart is - you guessed it: ZIM.
Best regards from Germany!

4 Likes

Hi Aaron. Do you have stuff online that you made in ZIM? I have my stuff at www.bolleboos.be

Kind regards,
Bart

2 Likes

I'm making this letterbord for children (age 5 to 7) where they can learn to write words.
letterbord
they can write words of animals (dutch, tiger symbol) they can write there own words (ghost) or they can scan the qr code (magnifier) with the word and then rewrite the word and listen to the word bij pressing on it (or clicking)

I also made a game to work with a bead board, they can scan a QR code for examples of how to build it.
kralenplank

I made this app for my son to practise french (or any language), you put the words in a google sheet and with epensheet i create a qr code so i have the json data in my app and he can importe the words he wont's to practice. French app

I made a game to use on the digital board in the classroom to encourage children to read more. Every time they have read a book they can click on a leaf on the card. The idea is that they clear all the leaves and find all the fish that are hidden so that they have a full playing card. It is a competition between the different classes. Who will get a full card first? there are 2 versions, one with fish and one with dinosaurs. reading game fish
reading game dino

I am a beginner and occasionally try to realize an idea by looking at the examples.

3 Likes

Just tried the games/activities. Looks fun.
I like your letterbord. It is simple and intuitive.
The other apps are a little less intuitive to me, but hey, that might be because I didn't get the needed instruction.

Anyway, I also see you use animation and such, which is stuff (like the letter animations) that I don't use often and could do more.

Nice to see....

Hope you visit my stuff at www.bolleboos.be too

Yes, @Aaronster and @EducaSoft - nice quality! Keep it up and any ones you want to show in Examples - please do - especially for new ones you make!

3 Likes