More box2d options

1.multi shape with curve and polygons.
2.slice shape from other shape.

2 Likes

@abstract

We have been looking over the Emanuele physics examples and will add the b2Separator class functionality to ZIM 017.

As you know, we can turn a Blob into a physics object and the b2Separator should allow us to handle concave objects - so we will build that in.

Also, there is turning PNG into a Blob - with the marching squares and point reduction.

We did the splitBlob() based on two points. How i can slice a box2d object? - #19 by abstract - we should be able to cut and cut again, etc. although have not tried - did you?

Is that sounding good? Hope to work on it today to be launched with ZIM 017 in a couple weeks.

Oh... just realized... if we make concave blobs with two or more blobs using b2Separator, then slicing those is going to be tricky as we will have to slice two blobs at the same time. I guess it will be okay, it will never be more than two at a time. Unless the line goes across two or more sets of already cut blobs.

Thanks!! :slight_smile:
1.I need to can build a "free" Polygons with any curve
2. i mean to "cut" items from other items in box2d
to put circle or other shape over the object and that cut,
or draw free line and slice it like the line/

Yes! We got the separate code to automatically make concave shapes from a blob and because it is just fixture shapes, it was quite easy. No making multiple blobs, etc. So still just one object, with multiple fixture shapes inside but we do not care from within ZIM.

Looking into the others.

here a great exmaple:
Play Route Digger | Games | CBC Kids

Yes - that is a good one. That would need the cutting out. So will follow what they did.

The cat shape is now automatically made by tracing the bitmap and applying simplification to the points - then the fixture shapes made for concave. Cool.

image;

Still have yet to look through the code to cut overlapping shapes or cutting with a crooked line.

1 Like

Nice :slight_smile: